Friday, May 26, 2017

Looking for inspiration

One thing about me, I am creative. Like extremely creative! I'm not blowing my own horn by that. I only mean I have a creative mind and it's extremely frustrating sometimes.

It's kind of a funny comparison but in games when a character has to do a certain thing or it loses health. Yeah, that's me with creativity. So it's understandably discouraging when I haven't sketched, or taken pictures or whatever in a while.
It's almost like there's a little bar that shows how good or bad I'm feeling. Because I have anxiety, I am an introvert, and other things the bar is always fluctuating. I feel fantastic when it's full and green, but on tough days it's yellow and only half full. If the bad un-creative days go on for a while it's red and very low. Those are the times when I need to do, or make, something. Or I feel sad and un-happy.

Which is why inspiration is so important to me. I would never want stuff I've created, if I didn't truly like what it was, to represent me. If I wrote just to write and it reflected my mood and I wasn't inspired I would hate to post it. It would be a waste. If I took bad photos that I didn't really care about or love. I don't really want to remember they exist much less use them.

I go to all different places for encouragement. My mom is a key one, but also peers who have the same interests. They inspire me by their own creations. Reading my Bible helps, and talking to my best friend. There are many ways. Depending on what's going on.

As bad as I am at it. I try to learn from the bad, get over it, and forget it. And get myself back to the green.


No comments:

Post a Comment