Monday, June 19, 2017

Modesty vs. Summer

Although it is a difficult subject to talk about and not offend people. I wanted to write a short post about how I manage my outfits and swim suits over the hotter seasons.



First off, no you don't have to wear just a bikini to be cool, or attractive! I've never worn just a bikini anywhere and I'm happy about it!
I'm not comfortable wearing that little, but I'm not ashamed of my body either. I usually wear shorty shorts and a light tee over whatever swim suit I'm sporting. No matter the place. It's just how I am.

If other people tell you that you have to wear just a bikini to fit in, but you're not comfortable with that. It's okay you're not the only one!


Some times there are events where people say the dress code is specific to a certain type of clothing. Like a summer dress or high heels.

There has been controversy lately about a woman getting fired for not wearing heels to work, but that, in my opinion is extremely unfair.

Anyway, if a summer dress is to short for you to be comfortable in you can wear tights or legging. A lot of the time I wear shorty shorts under my skirts if they're on the short side to make sure I don't flash anyone. (It also helps a little with chaffing.)


The point is if you prefer to be modest and Summer is your enemy because of it. It's okay to not wear stuff you're not comfortable in. Wear t-shirts overs bikini's if you want to! Wear tankinis if you want!

Have a fun Summer! Spend it with friends or family or both. Go to the beach or even the mountains. Enjoy the squelching heat! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment