Friday, December 4, 2015

Christmas Bunting

One of my favorite things about Christmas is the decorating. I like to find new ways to make my house more festive. This year I was inspired by a video I saw about ways to update your room. I thought it would be a cool thing to make with Christmas themed scrapbook paper.



You'll need:
Scrapbook paper
String or Ribbon
Tape
Sissors
Something to hang it. (I used command hooks.)


You'll probably want to figure out where you want to hang your bunting so you'll know how many you'll need to make, and how long you'll want your string. (Allow for sagging.)

Get your scrapbook paper and fold the top two inches down.


Then fold the corners at the bottom  to make it a triangle shape.





Once you get a shape you like tape all the excess paper behind the triangle.



Here are all of mine finished.


Just tape the sting or ribbon to the back of the top corners and hang it up!


To cover up the not so pretty command hooks I used little gold bows that have twist ties on the back.



You could if you wanted cut out a piece of cardboard to fold the paper around before you tape it up so the sizes of your triangles will be uniform. Or cut out several to wrap the paper around permanently to keep them stiff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment