Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hidden Box

Another Idea from the ever inspiring Pinterest.

The picture that gave me the idea

It only costs about $10. I got the supplies mostly from the dollar store so it wasn't to pricey.
I used a photo box instead of a wood one, and it works just as well.  I got about six books at first
to make sure my variation would work, at first you probably need to experiment with the book binding, so don't use one and mess up with one you have your heart set on using.

The First Step is to get the supplies, then I cut the binding off, DON'T CUT THE COVER OFF OF THE FIRST ONE. NOTE: Don't cut the back off of your last book. 





I hot-glued the bindings to a piece of cardboard, (I saved the pages for other projects) Then I hot-glued the cover/back and cardboard to the box.

You can stop there, I was going to but then I decided, to do some more, as you can see in the pictures the box is patterned. If you want to do this it will add a day or so for the glue to dry, but I think its worth it. All you have to do is use some of the pages from the books, and brush glue onto the pages both sides, sort of paper mache style.


 Let it dry for at least a day,


No comments:

Post a Comment